MyFlare AlertTM is a mobile app developed for MyFlare Saftety Services, LLC USA. The content below is published with the permission of MyFlare Safety Services, LLC.
Of late the violence against women and other crimes are increasing and posing ever increasing challenges to Police to tackle them. Crimes such as Rapes, Abductions, Molestations and Domestic Violence, Robberies, Bomb blasts, Accidents, etc are on the rise constantly. The options for people to respond to such emergencies today is limited to calling 100 and since during emergencies the victim is not in normal state of mind it is a challenge for Police to obtain the details about the location of crime and the intensity to respond in timely fashion. Therefore, it is apparent that our Police force needs better tools to be effective.
We sensed this need couple of years ago and started asking questions to ourselves
- Can we do more than what calling 100 can do?
- Can there be better emergency response system?
- Can the technology evolution be leveraged and better response systems architected?
- What should be solution that will not only enable quick emergency response but also act as a deterrent for the crime?
Our quest to find answers to the above questions led us to develop a software, which leverages the latest developments in mobile technology, geo positioning system, etc. We developed an innovate product called MyFlare Alert which is a combination of mobile application and GPS solution. This solution is an excellent tool in the hands of the victim to seek help during the crime and an innovative solution for the Police to efficiently dispatch emergency help.
MyFlare Alert is a one of its kind mobile app, which on click of a button sends emails and text messages to preconfigured contacts along with the geo location of the crime. It has number of other features explained later in the document. The GPS based emergency dispatch system integrates with MyFlare Alert. It automatically invokes help from Police when the crime happens by integrating with GPS (Geo Positioning System) devices installed on the Police vehicles. When crime happens and distress button is pressed, MyFlare Alert not only informs the preconfigured contacts and Police but also finds the nearest Police vehicle to the place of crime and alerts them.
MyFlare™ is an advanced emergency response system for smartphones. The specialty of this app is that it uses every resource on the device when it really counts. It uses Phone, text, email, GPS, audio and video. Following are the salient features of the app
- Calls Police emergency number or designated non-emergency contact
- Automatically text messages and e-mails up to 10 pre-selected contacts with the customized distress message, along with the GPS location
- Delivers text and e-mail messages every three minutes to pre-selected contacts with updated GPS location
- Sends video recordings capturing the present environment
- Blasts a police siren
- Has special feature to report a specific incident with text, picture or call
MyFlare™ is a useful, relevant and potentially life-saving app that can make one feel secure and give family members permanent peace of mind.